Discover One of The World’s Largest Killers
We are well aware that Heart Disease and Cancer top the list for leading causes of death in the US. Heart disease is responsible for 1 in every 4 deaths (11.2 million/year) in the US, while cancer ranks at 1 in every 6 deaths (9.6 million/year). Did you know there’s another Silent Killer that most people aren’t even aware of.
Air pollution is one of the world’s largest killers, responsible for 6.4 million deaths per year (1 in 9 deaths).
Children, the elderly, and people with heart or lung disease, diabetes, minority and low - income communities are particularly vulnerable to adverse health outcomes from exposure to air pollution.
Recent evidence suggests that air pollution may involve serious long-term effects and has been linked to:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Autism, and lower IQ
- Asthma and other respiratory diseases
- Loss of Lung Capacity
Air pollution is a mixture of natural and man-made substances in the air we breathe. It is typically separated into two categories: outdoor air pollution and indoor air pollution.
Outdoor air pollution involves exposures that take place outside of the built environment. Examples include:
- Fine particles produced by the burning of fossil fuels (i.e. the coal and petroleum used in energy production)
- Noxious gases (sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, chemical vapors, From vehicles, power plants, oil refineries, factories)
- Pesticides, Herbicides, fungicides
- Ground-level ozone (a reactive form of oxygen and a primary component of urban smog)
- Tobacco Smoke
Indoor air pollution involves exposures to particulates, carbon oxides, and other pollutants carried by indoor air or dust. Examples include:
- Gases (carbon monoxide, radon, etc.)
- Household products and chemicals
- Building materials (asbestos, formaldehyde, lead, VOC’s, etc.)
- Tobacco smoke
- Mold and pollen
Health Effects Linked To Air Pollution
Over the past 30 years, researchers have unearthed a wide array of health effects associated with air pollution exposure, such as:
- Pulmonary Cancer
- Reduced Lung function
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Adverse pregnancy outcomes (such as preterm birth), and even death
- Birth defects and Immune system defects
- Strokes and heart attacks
- Liver Cancer (and other types of cancer)
In 2013, the World Health Organization concluded that outdoor air pollution is carcinogen to humans. According to a Cornell University study, air pollution from smoke and other chemicals kills at least 3 million people a year.
B Vitamins May Protect Against Damaging Effects of Air Pollution
B vitamins have been proven in clinical research to protect us against peripheral nerve damage, heart disease, and are important for cognition, as well. Recently, research has revealed that B vitamins may also help protect against Air Pollution
At high doses, B vitamins were actually able to ‘Completely Offset’ the damage incurred by fine particulate matter.
According to a World Health Organization (WHO) report released last year, only 8 percent of people worldwide are breathing air that meets WHO standards. This means 92 percent of the world population are breathing polluted air, and toxic environments are responsible for at least 1 of every 4 deaths reported worldwide.
During the experimental trial, participants ranging from 18 -60 years of age were given a daily supplement of 2.5 mg of Folic Acid, 50 mg of B6 and 1 mg of B12 for 4 weeks before inhaling ‘hazardous levels’ of fine particulate matter.
Here’s what the research revealed:
- There was reduced genetic damage by 28%-76%
- Mitochondrial DNA was protected
- B vitamins helped repair some of the genetic damage caused by the pollution
B Vitamins for Health Protection
B vitamins play a very important role in our lives for the following functions:
- Protection from air pollution
- Decreasing risk of Cardiovascular disease
- Protects against Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- Improves ADD, Anxiety, Depression, OCD and Psychosis
- Improves Schizophrenic symptoms
In this day and age, due to the Standard American Diet (SAD) and industrial farming practices, more than 40% of Americans are deficient in B vitamins.
Your best source of B vitamins are from eating whole foods, ideally organic to avoid toxic pesticides. Your diet should includ lots of fresh vegetables, 3 times a day and foods like:
- Fish (wild caught salmon)
- Grass fed organic beef
- Organic poultry
- Beans/Legumes (Lentils, Chickpeas, kidney beans, etc.)
- Dark Leafy Green vegetables
- Unrefined Whole grains (Brown rice, Oatmeal, Quinoa, Amaranth, Barley, Buckwheat, Millet)
The average person consuming the Standard American Diet, unfortunately, will not eat even a fraction of the food listed above. If you fall into this category, you may need one or more supplements. Research has shown that getting plenty of B vitamins could be a simple way to ameliorate the harmful effects of air pollution.
Best Bio-Available form of B Vitamins
For those people who are eating some of those foods, your off to a great start, however, you still may not be consuming enough to satisfy your vitamin B requirements. In todays world, a modern age laden with processed foods, harmful chemical and additives, caffeine and sugar over load, it’s imperative to take a good quality B vitamin.
We’ve been asked by many people, if we take a B vitamin, daily. The answer is…YES!
We personally use NUPHORIA Gold. We’ve formulated NUPHORIA Gold with the best quality raw ingredients giving it the best Bio-Availability (cellular absorption).
Since avoiding Air Pollution is impossible, the best thing you can do is protedt yourself against the harmful damage. Taking NUPHORIA Gold is the best way to do that.
This blog has been provided by Dr. John Coppola, D.C. and Dr. Valerie Monteiro, D.C. Dr. Coppola and Dr. Monteiro are the founders of the San Antonio Neuropathy Center, and Precision Sport & Spine. They are the leading experts in the field of neuropathy and specifically drug free nerve repair. They are the authors of the critically acclaimed book "Defeat Neuropathy Now .... In Spite of Your Doctor. The doctors have over 25 years of clinical experience.
If you would like to reach the doctors regarding a specific health problem, you may email them at email@example.com.
Rapid Relief Pain Cream
Schedule a Consult for a Doctor Guided Neuropathy Program.
Leading Nerve Specialist
Dr. Coppola and Dr. Monteiro